astute astute /ə ˈstut/
- (adj) marked by practical hardheaded intelligence
- They choose that program because the leader of the program has a reputation of being astute, discerning and honest.
- Can an astute economist, a famous professor and a superb civil servant also be an outstanding Prime Minister?
- Even at 80, Weisman did not slow down and remained the energetic and astute businessman that he was known to be half a century earlier.
- Astute Networks™, Inc., the leading provider of performance storage appliances, today announced the expansion of its AstuteNET Partner Program with fourteen new channel partners. The innovative, profit-building ...on June 11, 2013 Source: Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Astute Networks™, Inc., the leading provider of performance storage appliances, and Computer Peripherals Unlimited Inc., a leading worldwide VAR and distributor of storage and backup solutions, today announced ...on June 11, 2013 Source: Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Astute Networks™, Inc., the leading provider of performance storage appliances, and Storage-IT Solutions, a leading global data-centric solutions integrator for modern enterprises, today announced that ...on June 11, 2013 Source: Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- "John MacLean is an astute hockey individual who has spent the past eight years preparing to be an NHL head coach," said Lamoriello. "He knows our personnel from the veterans through our prospects, having worked with them as a coach during...on Jun 17, 2010 By: Lou Lamoriello Source: Albany Times Union (blog)
- "All I did was make them money," said Redknapp. "If they hadn't had such an astute manager, who was so good in the transfer market, they would have been skint. The only thing that kept them going was the buying and selling of players that all...on Oct 16, 2009 By: Harry Redknapp Source: Telegraph.co.uk
- "The Senate has confirmed a man with an astute mind and kind heart," President Bush said before John Paul Stevens, the acting chief justice, administered the oath of office. "All Americans can be confident that the 17th chief justice of the...on Sep 29, 2005 By: President Bush Source: FOXNews