apathy apathy /ˈæ pə θi/
- (n) an absence of emotion or enthusiasm
- (n) the trait of lacking enthusiasm for or interest in things generally
- There was a feeling of apathy among residents in spite of the increased violence.
- We need to overcome the apathy that pervades discussions on critical environmental issues.
- There is apathy among party workers because the process of elections is being re-played all over again within a span of just two months.
- Maybe it’s a misconception that computers need no maintenance, perhaps plain ignorance, or maybe just apathy; whatever the cause, we all need to be better PC owners and treat our digital lifelines better.…on June 13, 2013 Source: Geek.com
- The Issue: Bill Cosby’s recommendations for today’s parents, including curbing children’s sugar intake. *** In his opinion piece, Bill Cosby shines a valuable spotlight on the responsibility he says Americans should take when it comes to our health choices (“A Plague Called Apathy,” PostScript, June 9). Unfortunately, he...on June 12, 2013 Source: New York Post
- Apathy is a far more dangerous emotion than anger, and I fear that's where many in the general public have landed in this marathon conversation about performance enhancing drugs.on June 11, 2013 Source: Orlando Sentinel
Wiki Images for apathy
- "It's the end of apathy," said NBC's Tom Brokaw. "People want to get involved in their political system."on Nov 4, 2008 By: Tom Brokaw Source: Washington Post
- Further emphasising that there are new challenges ahead, Dr Singh said, "The rising expectations of the people make them impatient with the speed at which we can deliver results. People today resent apathy, sloth, and corruption in any form and at...on Feb 1, 2010 By: Manmohan Singh Source: Oneindia
- "If organizations fall into the trap of believing their own hype, they can become complacent and lost the urge for self-improvement," wrote Marin. "Puffery can become a shield for inertia and apathy. If governments and their agencies believe...on Jun 27, 2007 By: Andre Marin Source: Brandon Sun