numbness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n partial or total lack of sensation in a part of the body; a symptom of nerve damage or dysfunction
- n the trait of lacking enthusiasm for or interest in things generally
- The complaints are serious indeed, from swelling, tingling, numbness and stiffness in the soft tissues (muscles, tendons, ligaments) to achy, throbbing pain that is worse in the .
- To list the traits of the narcissist is enough to prove the point: grandiosity, numbness to the needs and pain of others, emotional isolation, resentment and envy.
- One of the commonest back problems physicians treat, called spinal stenosis, gives leg symptoms: pain, tingling, numbness and weakness down the legs, knees and thighs and often .
News & Articles
- IBMer after the purge: "No one is immune"
In the wake of the latest "resource action" at IBM's massive computer research, development and manufacturing complex in northwest Rochester, there's now a familiar and recognizable numbness among those who have been passed over for termination. They are now pushing away that sense of dread many IBMers know so well when Big Blue gets ready to re-invent itself.
June 13, 2013 - KTTC Rochester
- Beaver Co. Catholic Parishes Merge Into One
As four parishes learned over the weekend in Beaver County they would be merged to form a new one St. Monica, a numbness quickly settled in.
June 10, 2013 - CBS Pittsburgh
- Early diagnosis and treatment may reduce MS relapses
Multiple sclerosis is a chronic autoimmune disease that disrupts nerve impulses in the central nervous system (brain, optic nerves and spinal cord) by attacking the protective coverings around nerve fibers known as myelin, and often damaging the nerve fibers (axons) themselves. Consequently, it can cause a diverse range of symptoms including numbness, weakness, spasticity, gait disturbances ...
June 8, 2013 - Del Mar Times
- Kimmo Timonen in International Herald Tribune
If I feel (Friday) that I'm good to go for Sunday, then I'm good for Sunday,Timonen said after Thursday's win. "There is nothing to prevent me from playing. I may have numbness in my toes, but if I can deal with that then I can play.
- Bruce Bochy in USA Today
He (Cain) had numbness, that's a pretty good shot he took,said Giants manager Bruce Bochy. "He wanted to stay out there......there was no way he was staying out there."
- Travis Barker in Extra TV
I kind of rushed out of the hospital and my hand was numb, but I didn't tell anybody,Barker explained. "I just wanted to get out. The numbness didn't go away. It was like in four or five of my fingers. I really wanted to fix it as soon as...