- n a locally circumscribed place characterized by some distinctive features
- n any of the regions of the surface of the Earth loosely divided according to latitude or longitude
- n an area or region distinguished from adjacent parts by a distinctive feature or characteristic
- n (anatomy) any encircling or beltlike structure
- v regulate housing in; of certain areas of towns
- v separate or apportion into sections
- French picket boats motor slowly at the line of the exclusion zone.
- On April 20, an estimated 100,000 civilians fled the zone within 72 hours when the Army breached a major Tiger fortification.
- His zone will succeed where others haven't, he declares, because it isn't North Korea.
News & Articles
- Euro zone inflation subdued as employment keeps falling
By Martin Santa BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Inflation in the euro zone rose from a three-year low in May, but remained low enough for the European Central Bank to act to boost an economy which is shedding jobs at an increasing rate. The central bank expects economic recovery in the euro area to kick in later this year, but sees risks to growth from governments' continued austerity programs and as ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Euro-Zone Employment Falls to Lowest Level in 7 Years
Euro-Zone Employment Falls to Lowest Level in 7 Years
June 14, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Zone read crash course
Do you kind of know what people mean when they talk about the zone read, but not really? We've found someone who can explain it to you.
June 13, 2013 - Washington Post
- Francois Fillon in Chicago Tribune
We are in a race against the clock in extremely difficult weather conditions and in a zone where depths reach up to [22,966 feet],French Prime Minister Francois Fillon told lawmakers Tuesday.
- Carles Puyol in USA Today
It's a play we do at Barcelona,Puyol said Thursday. "Two days before the game, Del Bosque explained that they defended by zone and I told him we could do it. Luckily, it worked out well."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Jerusalem Post
Given the lack of a comprehensive regional peace and concerns about some countries' compliance with NPT safeguards, the conditions for such a zone do not yet exist,US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told reporters in New York on Monday....