- n originally a stronghold captured by David (the 2nd king of the Israelites); above it was built a temple and later the name extended to the whole hill; finally it became a synonym for the city of Jerusalem
- n Jewish republic in southwestern Asia at eastern end of Mediterranean; formerly part of Palestine
- n an imaginary place considered to be perfect or ideal
- Dwyane Wade in Sacramento Bee
Whenever I'm with Zaire and Zion, they've been the ones that really have kept me afloat, kept me smiling and kept me looking forward to things,he said.
- Kevin Costner in Los Angeles Times
I've seen many opportunites over the years to be involved in baseball projects, but this one is really special,Costner said in a press release. "The location, the people involved, and the chance to offer families in Zion and the...
- Shimon Peres in Reuters India
This is the first time in the history of the United Nations that the head of a state is appearing openly and publicly with the ugly and dark accusations of the 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion,'Israeli President Shimon Peres said after...