- n small black grape grown chiefly in California; transplanted from Europe
- n dry fruity red wine from California
- Sapphire reaches for the zinfandel.
News & Articles
- Accolade Wines’ XYZin Brand Debuts New Look
XYZin, producer of California Zinfandel and part of Accolade Wines North America, is getting a label makeover. The riveting new label composition highlights the distinctive XYZin brand name in bold red letters, hinting at the concentrated Zinfandel flavors within.
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Tom Seaver in MLB.com
Seaver says when he got to Diamond Mountain he wanted to plant Zinfandel, but "Jim Barbour, my vineyard manager, looked at me and said, 'You don't plant Zinfandel on Diamond Mountain. You plant Cabernet.' I was learning."
- Calvin Trillin in Baltimore Sun
He could discourse on "the only three kinds of zinfandel worth drinking, and on church architecture," Trillin said. "He covered food with the same sort of energy he covered politics."
- Warren Winiarski in New York Times
The zinfandel bill goes back to a historical staging point that obscures the truth,said Warren Winiarski, founding winemaker and owner of Stag's Leap Wine Cellars, which produced the 1973 cabernet sauvignon and the top red wine in the 1976...