- n a rectangular tiered temple or terraced mound erected by the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians
- Its light reflected off the ziggurat of Ur built for the Sumerian goddess of the moon, the place where tribal chiefs, exiles and religious leaders would convene the next day in air .
- EQUALLY mindful of his aged bones and exalted station, Berosus the High Priest slowly mounted the stone ramp that spiraled seven times around the great ziggurat and brought him .
- At sunset last Monday, jay garner climbed to the top of the 4,000-year-old ziggurat in Ur in southern Iraq and looked down over the remains of the city of Abraham's birth.
News & Articles
- Ziggurat: 2 plays, 1 talented theater troupe
BY MELISSA M. ORTH Special to The Times Record BOWDOINHAM The Ziggurat Theatre Ensemble is performing two different plays at two equally different venues this week and both performances are worth the effort to find them. read more
Aug. 6, 2013 - The Times Record