- n a period of time containing 365 (or 366) days
she is 4 years old
in the year 1920
- n a period of time occupying a regular part of a calendar year that is used for some particular activity
a school year
- n the period of time that it takes for a planet (as, e.g., Earth or Mars) to make a complete revolution around the sun
a Martian year takes 687 of our days
- n a body of students who graduate together
she was in my year at Hoehandle High
- PTI Magazine's pick for the best photos of the year 2006.
- His final year as Russia's President has been his most successful yet.
- PTI magazine's Person of the Year is the person who most affected the events of the year, for better or for worse.
- Barack Obama in TIME (blog)
We've gone through a very tough year and I've been working Congress very hard, so I know there may not be an appetite immediately to dive into another controversial issue,he said of immigration reform.
- Tiger Wood in FOXNews
A guy that's won 14 majors, he's got a lot of game,Els said, "I think he's very close. I haven't played with him in about a year. I think his ball-striking was pretty good the last two days. His short game is pretty sharp, he just didn't...
- Lloyd Robertson in Globe and Mail
There comes a time and this is it,Mr. Robertson said. "I want to leave a suitable period for my successor to have a smooth and seamless transition. While I'll be hoisting anchor next year, I'll be continuing at CTV for some time."