- n a retraction of a previously held position
- n the act of taking out money or other capital
- n the act of withdrawing
the withdrawal of French troops from Vietnam
- n avoiding emotional involvement
- n the act of withdrawing blood, tumors, etc.
the nurse was expert at the withdrawal of blood
- n the act of ceasing to participate in an activity
- n a method of birth control in which coitus is initiated but the penis is deliberately withdrawn before ejaculation
- n formal separation from an alliance or federation
- n the termination of drug taking
- Giuliani insists that his protege's withdrawal is solely about the nanny problemand not about the cacophony of other issues that surfaced, like Kerik's recent $6.
- On Iraq: Outlined his withdrawal plan, says it's a "very complicated operation" and "I've got no interest in doing this carelessly.
- European leaders regularly argue that a hasty withdrawal would spell disaster for Afghanistan, neighboring Pakistan and for their own countries.
News & Articles
- Caffeine withdrawal now considered a mental disorder
The latest version of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders now includes both caffeine intoxication and withdrawal. Caffeine withdrawal can cause debilitating headaches, flu-like symptoms and depression.
June 11, 2013 - KING5 Seattle
- Is caffeine withdrawal really a mental illness?
I had a hard time believing that caffeine withdrawal is now classified as a mental illness in the new DSM-5 manual of psychiatric diagnoses, despite what news reports have proclaimed. But it is indeed listed there under the heading “Caffeine-Related Disorders.” Experts who developed it explain why.
June 10, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Q1 2013: Mortgage Equity Withdrawal Strongly Negative
Note: This is not Mortgage Equity Withdrawal (MEW) data from the Fed. The last MEW data from Fed economist Dr. Kennedy was for Q4 2008.
June 10, 2013 - Calculated Risk
- John McCain in 940 News
Our goal - my goal - is an Iraq that no longer needs American troops,McCain said. "And I believe we can achieve that goal, perhaps sooner than many imagine. But I also believe that to promise a withdrawal of our forces, regardless of the...
- President Bush in Dallas Morning News
As a result, we removed the arbitrary timetables for withdrawal and the restrictions on our military commanders that some in Congress had supported,Mr. Bush said, adding that the bill "reflects a consensus that the Iraqi government needs...
- Pete Domenici in Minneapolis Star Tribune (subscription)
We cannot continue asking our troops to sacrifice indefinitely while the Iraqi government is not making measurable progress,Domenici said. "I do not support an immediate withdrawal from Iraq or a reduction in funding for our troops. But I...