- n accumulated knowledge or erudition or enlightenment
- n the trait of utilizing knowledge and experience with common sense and insight
- n ability to apply knowledge or experience or understanding or common sense and insight
- n the quality of being prudent and sensible
- n an Apocryphal book consisting mainly of a meditation on wisdom; although ascribed to Solomon it was probably written in the first century BC
- I needed something else, and the something else was his wisdom.
- A business case is not the same as wisdom.
- Two new studies throw some doubt into the conventional wisdom of what the Earth was like when dinosaurs roamed it.
News & Articles
- Bike lanes: A rare harmony between cyclists and drivers
Conventional wisdom follows that motorists and bicyclists are at odds over sharing the road. But when it comes to road improvements and traffic safety, there appears to be surprising harmony: Build more bicycle lanes.
June 17, 2013 - WTOP Radio Washington, DC
- Personal Finance: Fathers share financial wisdom
Fatherly financial wisdom: Most of us gleaned a few valuable nuggets from our dads while growing up.
June 15, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- Bill Cosby shares wit and wisdom at McCaskey High School
Bill Cosby shared humorous wisdom and hilarious childhood experiences Friday night during a fundraiser for the Lancaster Education Foundation.Before he came out in person, Cosby virtually warmed up the crowd at McCaskey High School.On a large screen on the stage, invisible fingers typed "OBKB" into ...
June 15, 2013 - Lancaster Online
- Elena Kagan in St. Louis Post-Dispatch
The democratic process "is often messy and frustrating, but the people of this country have great wisdom, and their representatives work hard to protect their interests," she said. "The Supreme Court, of course, has the responsibility of...
- Barack Obama in Sydney Morning Herald
I've been struck by his wisdom and his graciousness,Obama said, praising the long friendship between the United States and Saudi Arabia, the regional economic and political powerhouse.
- Linda Lingle in UPI.com
While ours is a system of representative government, it also is one that recognizes that from time to time there are issues that require the reflection, collective wisdom and consent of the people,Lingle said during news conference.