wiper : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a worker who wipes
- n contact consisting of a conducting arm that rotates over a series of fixed contacts and comes to rest on an outlet
- n a mechanical device that cleans the windshield
- Flash of Genius Directed by Marc Abraham; rated PG-13; out now Greg Kinnear plays the kind of mildly obsessive guy who might invent the intermittent windshield wiper.
- Although executives in Detroit would drink windshield-wiper fluid through a straw for the roughly 15% growth in car sales that China saw last year, in China that increase might be .
- The pianists were all transfixed by the music's windshield-wiper logic, and while each played his 20-minute turn (15 Vexations), the relief pianist stood by the piano, cultivating .
News & Articles
- My Father, The Pilot
My dad was a mild-mannered guy. Never bragged. Hated sports. Mom won the arguments. He was an avocado farmer near Santa Barbara, but "dad" was his number one job. He read me bedtime stories, never missed a piano recital or a family dinner. And he played it safe: Dad's idea of adventure was driving his Ford Taurus to town without the wiper fluid filled to the top. But dad watched the skies. He ...
June 16, 2013 - KERA North Texas
- ITW Professional Brands Quatguard XL Food Service Wiper Named Finalist for 2013 World of Wipes Innovation Award
ITW Professional Brands today announced that its Quatguard® XL food service wiper, an Atlantic Mills brand disposable towel that maximizes sanitizer performance and improves restaurant sanitation, has been selected as a finalist in the World of Wipes Innovation Award competition.
June 14, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Parking enforcement is a local matter
If you’ve ever felt that little surge of annoyance at the sight of a parking ticket tucked carefully under your windshield wiper, you’re not alone. While it may seem like officials are trying to fill a quota, the city doesn’t make a huge...
June 14, 2013 - The Porterville Recorder
- Gilles Villeneuve in Sports Network
I had oil on the windshield, and without a wiper, I couldn't get rid of it,Villeneuve said.
- Greg Kinnear in Calgary Herald
You tell studios you're going to make a movie about a guy who invented the intermittent windshield wiper -- not a lot of bites,Kinnear said.
- Kyle Busch in ESPN
I had windshield wiper problems, defogger problems, staying on course problems, problems overall. It's a fiasco, but we're making the best of what we've got. If it's dry [on Sunday], hopefully we can run all right and get up through there,...