- n a liquor made from fermented mash of grain
- Speyside Cooperage has been family owned since 1947 and produces the finest casks from American Oak, providing a vital ingredient in Scotland's whisky making process.
- Serious drinkers like to say that there are three kinds of whisky"cookin' whisky, drinkin' whisky, and sippin' whisky.
- Head for the highlands! For the seventh year running, the Spirit of Speyside festival is about to salute Scotland's best-known export whisky.
- Angus Robertson in BBC News
Mr Robertson, who represents the malt whisky-producing Moray constituency, said: "The chancellor did not even have the decency to specifically mention his tax increase on the whisky industry. The bad news was buried deep in the pre-budget report."
- Jim Murphy in BBC News
Secretary of State for Scotland Jim Murphy said: "It is vital that we protect our key industries. We cannot allow others to trade off our good name and to pass off inferior whisky as being produced in Scotland. These regulations will help protect...
- Alex Salmond in just-drinks.com (subscription)
It is a tremendous boost to our whisky industry as producers seek to expand their presence in the hugely important Chinese market,said Salmond.