- n a sudden desire
- n an odd or fanciful or capricious idea
he had a whimsy about flying to the moon
whimsy can be humorous to someone with time to enjoy it
- Their every whim and impulse-purchase is religiously observed and analyzed by the titans of advertising, marketing, fashion, publishing and the cute-little-gadgets industry.
- If there is anything in the world of high fashion more vulnerable to whim than clothes, it is the models who wear them.
- On a whim, a messenger bid for 100 shares of White Sewing Machine at $1and in the absence of any other buyers, got it.
News & Articles
- From Hawaii to the High Country
Special to the Daily Artist Alex Gupton will be on hand this weekend to chat about his artwork at Art on a Whim gallery in Breckenridge. Gupton mixes the mediums of acrylic paint with pen and ink to create images inspired by wildlife and the Rocky Mountain area.
June 12, 2013 - Summit Daily News
- Lake Trout Festival offers loads of fun for everyone
L'ANSE- Kyle Dotson got a surprise Saturday when he took first place for the 22-mile course of the Tour de L'Anse bicycle race during the Baraga County Lake Trout Festival. Dotson said he decided to take part in the race on a whim.
June 12, 2013 - The Mining Journal
- My Sunday at the Caterham Eurofest Zandvoort in pictures
After deciding on a whim to go to the Caterham races the day before, we arrived at a windy and overcast Zandvoort. A stark contrast to the sunny week leading up to last Sunday. Our day started with a MK2 GTi race. After wich the Caterham R300's came out on track After the lunch break and us moving from a spot at the chicane to a dune next to the main straight, it was time for the Formula Ford ...
June 10, 2013 - Jalopnik
- John Conyers in Boston Herald
The cost to our nation of these apparent crimes was severe, as qualified individuals were rejected for key positions in the fight against terrorism and other critical department jobs for no reason other than political whim,said House...
- Bob Corker in The Associated Press
If shareholders gain that right, Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., warned, "directors will be responding to the whim of the day."
- Karl Rove in International Herald Tribune
Congress, the House Judiciary Committee, wants to be able to call presidential aides on its whim up to testify,Karl Rove said. "It's going to be tied up in court and settled in court."