- n twining shrub of North America having yellow capsules enclosing scarlet seeds
- n an effigy (usually of a famous person) made of wax
- She is a beautiful, blonde, rather waxwork-like Frenchwoman who accompanies her balladry on the guitar.
- The latest acquisition of Madame Tussaud's famed waxwork exhibition in London is a life-size effigy of Premier Stanley Baldwin, reputed to be " amazingly realistic.
- How a dare over a beer led a retired policeman to rip the head off a waxwork of Der Fuhrer.
- Voletta Wallace in PR-Inside.com (Pressemitteilung)
Wallace said, "Looking at the statue, I have a mixed feeling. I'm a little sad, a little happy. It's (waxwork) incredibly accurate...... I wish it was real; I wish it was breathing."
- Jerry Maren in News of the World
Jerry, who attended with his wife Elizabeth, said: "Judy would have loved the waxwork. People don't realise how small she was. She was only 4'11".
- Omar al-Bashir in Times Online
Thursday "I don't mean to make a fuss," says President al-Bashir of Sudan, eventually. "But some of us are getting a bit hungry." "But some of us don't have an eerily life-like waxwork we can leave in our seat when we want to sneak off...