- n English poet and theologian (1674-1748)
- n a unit of power equal to 1 joule per second; the power dissipated by a current of 1 ampere flowing across a resistance of 1 ohm
- n Scottish engineer and inventor whose improvements in the steam engine led to its wide use in industry (1736-1819)
- However, 1,000 watts of heat won't boil much water, so Kamen developed a closed system, powered by whatever fuel is at hand, that traps the energy released when the boiled water .
- The wattage gives them away: many 7-watt CFLs are comparable to a regular 40-watt bulb, 26 watts is the typical CFL equivalent of 100 watts and so on.
- The set I tested with it is generally attached to a much more powerful amp (110 watts per channel), so it took everything the PX2 could give it with only a slightly tinny feel in .
News & Articles
- Watts Bar ready to start in 2015
In a new supplemental Environmental Impact Statement, the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission found no environmental concerns that would prevent it from issuing an operating license for Watts Bar Unit 2.
June 17, 2013 - Knoxville News Sentinel
- Watts Bar Nuclear Plant ready to start in 2015
The Unit 2 reactor at the Watts Bar Power Plant has been under construction for four decades and still needs another year or two to resolve lingering equipment, flooding and documentation questions.
June 15, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Naomi Watts is spot-on in 'Diana' trailer
Naomi Watts attends the Stella McCartney Spring 2014 Collection Presentation on June 10 in New York. Kevin Mazur, WireImage
June 14, 2013 - The Journal News
- Frank Drake in The Sun
Dr Drake said: "Now the actual amount of radiation escaping is about two watts, not much more than you get from a cell phone. If this continues into the future, very soon our world will become undetectable."