- n someone who makes or repairs watches
- In English Archdeacon William Paley's famous analogy of 1802, anyone who sees a watch is forced to assume the existence of a watchmaker who made it.
- Upscale watchmaker Tag Heuer, which has averaged 40% growth in India over the last three years, has plans to expand from 80 shops to 120 in 2006; and Jimmy Choo is looking to open .
- A modern-day adventurer partners with watchmaker Panerai to navigate a custom sailboat on a four-year eco-voyage around the world.
News & Articles
- Deep Space 9 tourbillon combines time and space
Luxury watchmaker Vianney Halter creates a breathtaking tourbillon watch based on "Star Trek: Deep Space 9." Originally posted at Crave
June 14, 2013 - CNET
- Patek Philippe clock watch sets record at NY sale
This Patek Philippe Grand Complication No. 97912, the top lot of Christies June 11 auction, is the earliest and most historically significant example of a grand complication by the watchmaker.
June 13, 2013 - National Jeweler
- Nineteenth century watch fetches $2.25 million at U.S. auction
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A 115-year-old Patek Philippe pink-gold calendar watch fetched $2.25 million in a day-long sale, nearly double the expected price, Christie's auction house said. The 18-karat, open-face watch, manufactured by the famed Swiss watchmaker in 1898, had been estimated to fetch up to $1.5 million during sale on Tuesday, but enthusiastic bidding by collectors from some 30 countries ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Frank Williams in pitpass.com
I am always delighted when long-standing partners agree to renew their relationship with the team as it is the greatest validation of what we do,said Frank Williams. "In a split-second business, having a watchmaker of Oris' stature and...
- Stephen King in guardian.co.uk
Stephen King described Levin as "the Swiss watchmaker of suspense novels", adding: "He makes what the rest of us do look like cheap watchmakers in drugstores."
- Lee Myung-bak in ì¤‘ì•™ë°ì¼ë¦¬
We also confirmed with Romanson that it has no plans to withdraw from Kaesong,Lee said. "The watchmaker also has no plans to adjust its production facility."