- n supreme military leader exercising civil power in a region especially one accountable to nobody when the central government is weak
- Exclusive: A warlord tied to some of Baghdad's worst atrocities talks to PTI about the roots of Iraq's hate.
- Without a strong army, Karzai has little chance of taming warlords like Zadran.
- Peterson's account makes clear that the Somalia operation failed because it singled out one warlord when the goal should have been to undermine all warlords, or at least to refrain .
News & Articles
- Report: Kony's militia killing elephants
African warlord Joseph Kony and his struggling militia are poaching elephant ivory across central Africa to get funds for weapons, ammunition and food, a report says.
June 10, 2013 - CNN
- Somali militias fighting in disputed port city kills five
By Abdi Sheikh MOGADISHU (Reuters) - Gunbattles between militia groups in the southern Somalia's Kismayu erupted for a second day on Saturday, residents said, in the heaviest fighting the disputed port city has seen in more than four years. The fighting, the first since several former warlords staked rival claims on the lucrative port and fertile hinterlands in May, has stoked fears among locals ...
June 8, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- ‘Man of Steel’: Superman vs. Zod Clip & TV Spot #11 [Updated]
General Zod's armor isn't just there to make him look pretty. A new 'Man of Steel' clip reveals just how the warlord's armor works, and what happens when he loses it.
June 7, 2013 - Screen Rant
- Ali Mohamed Gedi in International Herald Tribune
The warlord era in Somalia is now over,Gedi said at a news conference in the recently captured capital, giving a three-day deadline for the handing over of all weapons.
- Benazir Bhutto in AFP
I was told by both the Musharraf regime and the foreign Muslim government that four suicide bomber squads would attempt to kill me,Bhutto wrote in her memoirs. "These included, the reports said, squads sent by the Taliban warlord Baitullah...
- Paul Sereno in ABC Science Online
Think about the nine months it took for your child to be born; think about all the care you put into teaching him how to cross the street and look both ways or to read a book or to simply have good manners. Then imagine a warlord dropping a gun... Nicolas Cage http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Cage&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGXvv1VozqP6cZsqA9WVyBuM8Cuvw Common Dreams (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.commondreams.org/news2006/0628-03.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFui6-eSxDDtnTwJZTxOmxse_vWFw Jun 28, 2006
108908 142823 warm-blooded If dinosaurs and in particular theropods were warm-blooded as many of us suspect and feathered for insulation, they would have had a major problem getting rid of heat at times. Perhaps this is why air sacs initially evolved, and then were co-opted...