- n straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes
- n tall shrub of eastern Australia having oblanceolate to obovate leaves and red flowers in compact racemes
- Giant red waratah blooms stand on thick stalks like sentinels beside dark pools.
News & Articles
- Rugby-Dennis to lead depleted Waratahs against Lions
(Adds fresh quotes after Waratahs media conference) SYDNEY, June 14 (Reuters) - Versatile forward Dave Dennis will lead a New South Wales Waratahs side shorn of eight players on international duty for their tour match against the British and Irish Lions in Sydney on Saturday. The Waratahs captain, capped 15 times for Australia, was belatedly released from the Wallabies training camp to be ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Al Baxter in Sydney Morning Herald
My family is here, as is my business career, but from a rugby point of view I've invested more than 50 matches in the Waratah jersey and that's something I want to continue to build on,said Baxter. "I think we're on the brink of developing...
- Michael Foley in The Australian
Losing Vickerman, Elsom and Lyons is a really big hole in that Waratah forward pack let alone the Waratah team,Foley said.
- Warren Truss in The Age
Port closures at Newcastle's Port Waratah because of bad weather were in the main responsible for the slowdown, but the backlog is expected to clear in coming months,Mr Truss said.