- n English writer and historian; son of Sir Robert Walpole (1717-1797)
- n Englishman and Whig statesman who (under George I) was effectively the first British prime minister (1676-1745)
News & Articles
- John Malkovich saves elderly Ohio man after freak accident
Jim Walpole, a 77 year-old man from Ohio, was visiting Toronto with his wife Marilyn when his vacation took a turn for the worse. The couple had gone out for a walk to enjoy the city’s sights, when Walpole tripped …
June 11, 2013 - WPIX 11 New York
- Walpole fan nabs rare daily double
The Red Sox kept hitting home runs to dead center yesterday, and Joe Procaccini kept catching them. In a statistically improbable thrill for the 33-year-old Walpole native, Procaccini caught two home runs barehanded in the front row of the bleachers next to the black tarp: one off Mike Carp’s bat in the sixth inning, the other on Jarrod Saltalamacchia’s second round-tripper of the game an inning ...
June 10, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Five Walpole officers honored for saving lives
Walpole police officers were honored last night in Waltham for saving the lives of two Walpole residents and a fellow officer over the past year.
June 7, 2013 - The Walpole Times
- Ian Callum in Autochannel (press release)
Commenting on his award, Ian Callum said: "I feel honoured to have won this award, particularly from Walpole, which wholly represents the British luxury industry. It is even more gratifying when Jaguar design receives such acknowledgment from...
- Phil Fontaine in Chatham Daily News
Fontaine recalled Jacobs as a mild-mannered, gentle person, "but incredibly determined. We were convinced after our visit we had to do what Walpole Island was doing," he said. "It seemed so right, so necessary."
- Patricia Davidson in Sarnia Observer
This will improve human and environmental health,Davidson said. "It's excellent news for Walpole Island, Wallaceburg, all the areas that take water from the river."