- n a man's sleeveless garment worn underneath a coat
- All done up in Gandhi cap and grey cotton waistcoat, his legs wrapped spider-like in white churidhars, India's Jawaharlal Nehru expounded his foreign policy last week before the .
- Is it possible for a major Hollywood studio to make a $50 million movie in which the hero is a terrorist? A terrorist who appears wearing the dynamite waistcoat of a suicide bomber .
- All but 29 Etonians must throughout the year observe a number of strict rules: they must leave unbuttoned the bottom waistcoat button, (and in after life they usually continue to .
News & Articles
- Dana Goodyear: A new album from the founder of Groupon.
In 2009, Andrew Mason, the founder and, until recently, the C.E.O. of the Chicago-based daily-deals site Groupon, was chosen as one of Crain’s “40 Under Forty.” He sat for a video interview wearing an oversized dinner jacket and a gray waistcoat—head shaved . . . (Subscription required.)
July 15, 2013 - The New Yorker
- Live Lincoln interview brings sense of history to State Fair
It was him, all right. There's no mistaking the black stovepipe hat, black frock coat, waistcoat and black trousers; a beard accentuating the gaunt, melancholy countenance.
July 14, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- Neil Robertson in Sydney Morning Herald
I came over to Cambridge with 500 quid in my pocket and I had to borrow a waistcoat,Robertson said after defeating Scotland's Graeme Dott 18-13 in a best-of-35-frames final.
- John Parrott in Independent
It's been a very long time since I've been that nervous. I felt as though I'd got a family of ferrets in my waistcoat,said Parrott. "Of course I'm disappointed but I got through two qualifying rounds just to be here, then beat Steve so I...
- Scarlett Johansson in Variety
Although Scarlett says, "I like to be feminine," she adds: "I love the androgynous look. I love trouser suits, those ones from Yves St. Laurent, the three-piece jacket and trousers with a waistcoat. I also wear a lot of Rag & Bone. I look on...