- n the quality of lacking taste and refinement
- It's rated PG-13 (for brief frontal nudity), but vulgarity was never the envelope The Simpsons pushed.
- But he certainly would be appalled by contemporary Americans' vulgarity and sentimentality, particularly the way we celebrate nonentities.
- In Russian it means vulgarity or triteness, but in an interview with Author Herbert Gold in the current Paris Review, Nabokov so expands the definition that it makes one wonder .
News & Articles
- Books: 'The Life of John Hay, from Lincoln to Roosevelt' by John Taliaferro
There are two important lines of human endeavor in which men are forbidden even to allude to their success,John Hay told the governor of New York state, the mayor-elect of New York City, and members of the chamber of commerce: "affairs of the heart and diplomatic affairs. In doing so, one not only commits a vulgarity which transcends all questions of taste, but makes all future success ...
June 23, 2013 - Tulsa World
- Thursday's scores
1. Keep it civil and stay on topic. 2. No profanity, vulgarity, racial slurs or personal attacks. 3. Comments that harass others or joke about tragedies will be deleted.
June 21, 2013 - Courier-Express
- THE (06-21-13) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
*Just like the headline says, this page/board is where you can discuss the stuff that we didn’t cover in today’s issue. (It’s sort of like feedback with a twist) Remember, NO name calling, racial taunting, graphic sex talk and vulgarity in general, PLEASE. ——– EUR MOTIVATIONAL NOTE Life is very short and what we have [...]
June 21, 2013 - EURweb
- Shilpa Shetty in International Herald Tribune
...DELHI: An Indian court issued arrest warrants for Hollywood actor Richard Gere and Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty on Thursday, saying their kiss at a public function "transgressed all limits of vulgarity," media reports said.
- Manmohan Singh in International Herald Tribune
Such vulgarity insults the poverty of the less privileged,Singh said at the opening the annual conference of the Confederation of Indian Industry or CII, a leading business group.
- John Marshall Harlan in State Bill Colorado
...a 5-4 ruling, that court's majority noted that it's difficult for government officials to make "principled decisions" in purging vulgar words from public spaces because, as John Marshall Harlan II wrote, "one man's vulgarity is another's...