- n someone who vouches for another or for the correctness of a statement
- n a document that serves as evidence of some expenditure
- n a negotiable certificate that can be detached and redeemed as needed
- A judge flunks Cleveland's use of vouchers for parochial schools.
- A Florida judge has found the state's ambitious school voucher program unconstitutional.
- Judge's ruling that voucher system violates church-and-state rules is likely to result in a major legal and political tussle.
News & Articles
- Walker comfortable with slow expansion of voucher program, says is a chance to prove its worth
MILWAUKEE — Gov. Scott Walker says he's comfortable with the slow expansion of the school voucher program, and he also isn't saying whether he'd use a line-item veto to eliminate a proposed enrollment cap.
June 11, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Buy Dad a “DAF Truck” Driving Experience gift voucher this Father’s Day, from TrackDays.co.uk
Buy Dad a “DAF Truck” Driving Experience gift voucher this Father’s Day, from TrackDays.co.uk. This offer is available until Father’s Day, 16th of June 2013. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/daf-truck/track-days/prweb10778997.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Voucher schools should be more open
Back in 1990, when Milwaukee launched the nation’s first publicly funded voucher program, participating schools could enroll no more than 49 percent voucher students. These schools were considered private, because the majority of their students paid private tuition.
June 9, 2013 - Dunn County News
- Barack Obama in Dallas Morning News
Barack Obama said "The centerpiece of Senator McCain's education policy is to increase the voucher program in DC by 2,000 slots."
- George Galloway in International Herald Tribune
Galloway said, "It is well known that Mr. Zureikat traded with Iraq but he did not do so on my behalf. I have not received a penny piece or any oil voucher from Iraq, directly or indirectly. You would have thought that natural justice would have...
- Pat McCrory in WCNC (subscription)
I believe in changing the status quo of our educational system,McCrory said. "But I've never recommended an across-the-board voucher system because the state's broke and couldn't afford it anyway."