- n a charm superstitiously believed to embody magical powers
- n (Haiti) followers of a religion that involves witchcraft and animistic deities
- n a religious cult practiced chiefly in Caribbean countries (especially Haiti); involves witchcraft and animistic deities
- v bewitch by or as if by a voodoo
- This incident and four others in recent years have sparked the most systematic inquiry ever made into the legendary voodoo phenomenon of zombiism.
- High in the voodoo hills of Haiti above Port-au-Prince, a big bonfire crackled one day last week.
- Call it voodoo or magic, we had him do a bit of it for this issue.
- Tom Benson in International Herald Tribune
It's very important to our community because our community needs a lot of support,said Tom Benson, owner of both the NFL's New Orleans Saints and the VooDoo. "This is just one of the things that the VooDoo and the New Orleans Saints are...
- Richard Blumenthal in BusinessWeek
Unless there are credible scientific studies, claims "may be nothing more than voodoo nutrition," Blumenthal said. "Promise of wondrous weight loss must be supported by science, not magic."
- Pete Wentz in People Magazine
, Wentz says: "For anyone who was at the voodoo fest in new orleans - you got to see me jump around. ended up breaking the bone that connects my shin to my foot. no shows will be canceled. i am currently trying to get a 'rocker' boot so i can have a...