- n the rate at which energy is drawn from a source that produces a flow of electricity in a circuit; expressed in volts
- n the difference in electrical charge between two points in a circuit expressed in volts
- Therefore a direct voltage of 3,000,000 traveling along a line will suddenly jump to over 5,000,000 volts in for the brief instant that it strikes the end of the line.
- It can't offer the high-voltage stars and sexy mass appeal that today's entertainment scene demands.
- The electricity travels along high-voltage lines to a power substation.
News & Articles
- DC Power Supplies offer system monitoring and analysis.
Combining control, monitoring, and analysis of voltage, current, and power with multi-instrument triggering capability, DP800 Series delivers up to 195 W and can float up to 240 V from ground. Timer control allows engineer to set burn-in or other test voltage or current profiles to run automatically for hours and is repeatable with groups, cycle counts, and specified end states. Series includes ...
June 13, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Spellman High Voltage Electronics to Exhibit at the 61st Annual ASMS Conference in Minneapolis
Hauppauge, New York – Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, the world's leading manufacturer of custom high voltage power conversion products, will be exhibiting at the upcoming American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) Conference, held from June 9th through June 13th at the Minneapolis Convention Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Spellman's technical and sales staff will be ...
June 11, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Proposal for high-voltage lines in Chino Hills to be issued today
CHINO HILLS -- A waiting game to determine the future of high-voltage power lines in this city officially begins this week. Administrative Law Judge Jean Vieth is expected to issue a proposed decision today about whether Southern California Edison can string 198-foot, 500-kilovolt towers above the streets and homes of Chino Hills or whether those lines should be built underground.
June 11, 2013 - Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
- Antonio Villaraigosa in San Jose Mercury News
The initial explosions were the result of a combustion of high-voltage cable,Villaraigosa said. "But the explosion which destroyed the credit union and took the life of Firefighter Lovrien was the result of a confluence of events which...
- Nick Holonyak Jr in Science Daily (press release)
In addition to the usual current-modulation capability, the tunnel junction provides an enhanced means for voltage-controlled modulation of the photon output of the transistor laser,said Nick Holonyak Jr., a John Bardeen Chair Professor of...
- Martin Green in Oneindia
The challenge with silicon wires has been getting good voltage output, because surface areas are large and this ultimately limits voltage,said Green.