villager : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n one who has lived in a village most of their life
- One villager, Ma Dasan (played by Jiang), is told to hold a Japanese officer and his Chinese translator as hostages.
- Ghulam Abbas, an unemployed villager in rural Dosera, Punjab province, describes a climate of fear on election day.
- Country Girl: A villager moves to the big, bad city Getting Green: Activists seeking to avert an environmental disaster are tapping the ranks of the very young.
- Paresh Rawal in Thaindian.com (blog)
It's called 'The Virgin Goat'. It is a lovely script. I play a villager who is taking his goat-on-heat for mating. It's entirely the story of my character,Paresh told IANS.
- Nazrul Islam in Reuters
A villager can sell a chicken for at least 80 to 100 rupees for a single chicken, so their resistance to culling is not wrong at all,said Nazrul Islam, the president of the West Bengal Poultry Association.
- Ben Kingsley in Times Online
Making Gandhi meant an enormous amount to me,said Kingsley of the eponymous epic which was directed by Sir Richard Attenborough. "I remember one villager coming up to us when we were filming and saying, 'It's wonderful to see him again,' -...