- n a city in north central France near Paris; site of the Palace of Versailles that was built by Louis XIV in the 17th century
- n a palace built in the 17th century for Louis XIV southwest of Paris near the city of Versailles
News & Articles
- N. Versailles officials repeal health ordinance
By Michael DiVittorio, McKeesport Daily News North Versailles Township officials are seeking to repeal an ordinance that allows commissioners to participate in the township’s health insurance plan. Commissioners on Thursday unanimously ...
June 21, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- North Versailles Township illegal dumping case continued
By Patrick Cloonan, McKeesport Daily News A preliminary hearing was continued for three weeks for a North Versailles Township man cited for illegal dumping of hundreds of tires on a Crestas ...
June 20, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Versailles Watch: Racked SF has a look at...
Racked SF has a look at "Le Petit Versailles," a furnished replica of Marie Antoinette's quarters in the real Versailles, that's currently on view at the San Francisco Design Center. The spaces are one-twelfth of the original size, and manage...
June 19, 2013 - Curbed
- Jean-Jacques Aillagon in AFP
The royal gate that once again stands at the entrance of Versailles' cour d'honneur "provides an essential element of Versailles' historical identity," said Jean-Jacques Aillagon, president of the palace monument.
- Jeff Koons in Reuters
Louis XIV was always open to the arts and always made Versailles an open place ...... I hope that my work shows respect to the palace and continues a positive tradition in Versailles,Koons said, rejecting the "kitsch" label.
- Jeffrey Archer in Yemen Observer
In May 1789, Louis XVI summoned to Versailles a full meeting of the 'Estate General,'said Novelist Jeffrey Archer in his work The Fourth Estate. "The First Estate consisted of three hundred nobles. The Second Estate, three hundred clergy....