- n a South American republic on the southeast coast of South America; achieved independence from Brazil in 1825
News & Articles
- Spain dominates Uruguay 2-1 to win Confed opener
Uruguay's Edinson Cavani, front, collides with Spain's Sergio Busquets during the soccer Confederations Cup group B match between Spain and Uruguay at the Arena Pernambuco in Recife, Brazil, Sunday, June 16, 2013.
June 17, 2013 - Connecticut Post
- Soccer-Spain 2 Uruguay 1- Confederations Cup result
RECIFE, Brazil, June 16 - Spain 2 Uruguay 1 - ConfederationsCup Group B result Scorers: Spain: Pedro 20, Roberto Saldado 32 Uruguay: Luis Suarez 88 Halftime: 2-0; Att: 41,705 Teams: Spain: 1-Iker Casillas; 17-Alvaro Arbeloa, 15-Sergio Ramos,3-Gerard Pique, 18-Jordi Alba; 8-Xavi (4-Javier Martinez 77),16-Sergio Busquets, 6-Andres Iniesta; 11-Pedro, 14-RobertoSoldado, 10-Cesc Fabregas (20-Santi ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Spain vs. Uruguay, 2013 Confederations Cup: Preview and TV schedule
Uruguay face a daunting task as they look to end Spain's 25-game unbeaten run in competitive games when the two sides clash in the Confederations Cup.
June 16, 2013 - Philly.com
- Diego Lugano in The Associated Press
I suppose the press have made the Netherlands (the) favorite,Uruguay captain Diego Lugano said. "The Netherlands and Uruguay play differently but we are at this stage on merit and we'll just have to see what happens in the match."