- n polished courtesy; elegance of manner
- n the quality or character of life in a city or town
there is an important difference between rusticity and urbanity
- A couple of drinks, a quiet dinner, brandy and cigars before the inn fireand imperceptibly, from behind the urbanity and wit emerge the true facts of a marriage in shambles or .
- Instead of being a tidy paragon of organization, your closet is merely a glorified cupboard with delusions of urbanity, a cramped vision of messy modern living.
- It was also, as he has said, the face of a "heavily doped Chinese illusionist" a perfect Noel Coward characterization of the sort of facial urbanity one wears to prize-givings.
News & Articles
- Word of the day for Tuesday, July 16, 2013
WORD OF THE DAY urbanity urbanity r ba n te Definition: (n) Refined or elegant courtesy Example: "When urbanity decays, civilization suffers and decays with it.
July 16, 2013 - Amarillo Globe-News