- n the bivalent radical UO2 which forms salts with acids
- Its heart will be a foot-thick sphere of stainless steel containing uranyl sulfate enriched with uranium 235.
- Inside is a water solution of uranyl nitrate which contains 1.
- HRE-2's fuel is uranyl sulphate dissolved in heavy water (which does not absorb as many neutrons as ordinary water).
- Mohammad Saeedi in BBC News
We are restarting work in Isfahan stage by stage, as technical work requires to do so. Today, we restarted work for production of AUC [ammonium uranyl carbonate],Mr Saeedi said.