- n activity involved in maintaining something in good working order
- n the act of sustaining life by food or providing a means of subsistence
- While spending more for the upkeep of national parks and adding facilities for the handicapped, Watt put a virtual moratorium on the acquisition of new land and even resisted .
- The project remained only a scheme with a staggering upkeep in land taxes.
- Although they cost two to three times as much, they can go five or more years without upkeep.
News & Articles
- US Open 2013: Many Golfers Will Feel Weather's True Wrath on Friday
Wild weather has grabbed hold of the 113th U.S. Open with a vengeance, causing multiple delays for the players and endless headaches for the USGA staff in charge of upkeep of Merion Golf Club. The highest ranked group in the field— Tiger Woods (+2, T51), Rory McIlroy (E, T16) and Adam Scott (-2, T2))—and any of the groups unlucky enough to have an afternoon tee time experienced the most severe ...
June 14, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- ACCOMACK: In Oak Hall, condition of Downing's Cemetery has tempers boiling
OAK HALL -- The issue over upkeep at Downing's Cemetery reached its flashpoint when Patti Fisher cursed at volunteer board member Dennis Fox and chased him into his office.
June 13, 2013 - Eastern Shore News
- Wilton voters approve home upkeep ordinance, $2.9M budget Monday
Wilton voters passed a minimum property upkeep ordinance, a $108,000 library budget and a $2.9 million town budget at the three hour annual Town Meeting Monday evening.
June 11, 2013 - Kennebec Journal
- Fabian Hamilton in Telegraph.co.uk
Asked to explain his claims, Mr Hamilton said: "I spent the majority of my time in London with my mother before her death, paying a substantial sum of money from my own pocket for the upkeep of the house. After her death, I moved my main home to...
- John Gotti in San Diego Union Tribune
We're finishing fixing it up,Gotti told the newspaper. "I can't afford the upkeep."
- Sam Graves in New York Times
My focus is rare antique airplanes and rare vintage warbirds,Mr. Graves said. "Some of these not-for-profits, they give rides to help support the upkeep and maintenance of the airplane, and this will place an undue burden on them."