- n trademark for a powerful operating system
- PLACE YOUR BETS Even Gates concedes that unix will be around for the long haul, and Intel's new processor will rely on it.
- It may be that most computer hackers don't own the industrial-strength unix machines needed to run the program.
News & Articles
- Oracle, IBM to unwrap new Unix server processors at conference
Demand for mainframe and high-performance Unix servers is falling, but a new wave of SPARC and IBM Power chips for the servers will be unwrapped at the Hot Chips conference in late August. IBM, Oracle and Fujitsu—the main suppliers of Unix server chips—will talk about their next-generation RISC (Reduced Instruction Set Computer) chips at the conference, which will be held Stanford University ...
June 19, 2013 - PC World
- Unix tip: Rewriting history
ITworld: The history feature in Unix shells can save you a lot of time when typing long, fairly repetitious commands, but don't count on it to accurately represent history.
June 18, 2013 - Linux Today
- Zombies, Linux, IBM and SCO
In March of 2003, SCO Group filed a lawsuit against IBM over Unix trade secrets. Ten years later, it's a legal dispute that is still alive. Groklaw - a site that got its start because of the SCO case - and a site that is still very much alive was the first to report on the re-opening of the case.
June 18, 2013 - InternetNews.com
- Miguel de Icaza in ZDNet UK
Mono 2.0 gives .NET developers the freedom to run their applications on a wide variety of operating systems, including Linux, Mac OS and Unix,said Miguel de Icaza, vice president of development platforms at Novell and the originator of the...
- Larry Ellison in Computerworld
The Solaris operating system is by far the best Unix technology available in the market,Ellison said during announcement in April that the company had agreed to buy Sun. "The biggest issue they are facing right now is uncertainty."