- Coogan's signature character, displayed in a decade's worth of Brit comedy series, is Alan Partridge, an unctuously brutal TV host modeled on David Frost.
- In its last semiannual report (to February 28) Phoenix listed investments with a book value of $6,481,682, and unctuously noted the information that their market value was $5,976 .
- Red China's Premier Chou En-lai unctuously declared that "although the Dalai Lama has been abducted to India by the rebels, we still hope he will be able to free himself and return .
News & Articles
- Demagoguery… another low political practice
The Jan. 27 Transylvania Times covered the recent speaking engagement of the NAACP’s state president at Brevard College. For years, the progressive left unctuously stated that “You can’t legislate morality” when it suited their purpose. Today, Moral Monday is a frequent event in Raleigh to protest the alleged criminal legislation of the Republican Party. Hypocrisy, anyone? The blather and lies ...
Feb. 13, 2014 - Asheville Citizen-Times
- Robert Parker in Washington Post
...de l'Oree ($250; France): In awarding 100 points to this dry white wine made from 100 percent Marsanne grapes, Parker wrote that "it boasts an amazing nose of licorice, minerals, acacia flowers, honeysuckle and a hint of butter. Unctuously...