- n the state of being unsanitary
- When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favor in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her; then let him write her a .
- Yet another petitioner calls for the abolition of rock music on the church's "powerline" radio program because all such music is aswarm with "adultery, fornication, uncleanness .
- I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.
- the Apostle Paul in Mormon Times
The apostle Paul denounced, "the works of the flesh ...... which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness."
- John Chrysostom in Times Online
St. John Chrysostom, writing in the fourth century AD, warned the Christian congregation at Antioch that woman was "a whited sepulchre full of uncleanness".