- n one who sets written material into type
- Since he looked into Scribner's window, Thomas Maitland Cleland has himself enriched many a book, has become a great designer and typographer.
- By the time he was twenty he had successively been a typographer, reporter, editor, carpenter, novelist, teacher.
- Early Life: Quit Roman Catholic parochial school at 16, worked as apprentice typographer, grape picker, stevedore, professional bicycle racer, played football.
News & Articles
- Blind 97-year-old 'Pixel Picasso' makes masterpieces with Microsoft Paint
Hal Lasko paints using Microsoft Paint. When Hal Lasko lost his sight, he thought his painting days were over. Until he found Microsoft Paint. Hal Lasko, who says he's known mostly as Grandpa "because I'm old", worked as a typographer before he retired in the 1970s. Mr Lasko...
July 25, 2013 - New York Post