- n rickettsial disease transmitted by body lice and characterized by skin rash and high fever
- In the Goma, Zaire refugee camps, French doctors said a deadly fever thought to be typhus has killed 19 refugees and may be spreading.
- Moroccan nobles uttered passionate but unavailing prayers, last week, as a typhus epidemic spreading from the Arab slums of Fez entered at last the cool and sumptuous palace of .
- Typhus, more than cold or Russians, made Napoleon retreat from Russia in 1812.
News & Articles
- Officials educate residents about flea-borne typhus
Officials are asking locals to be careful with their pets and "backyard wildlife" because of five human cases of flea-borne typhus in Tustin in the last year, including a cluster in a southern neighborhood.
Oct. 31, 2013 - Orange County Register
- Vaclav Klaus in Prague Post
Two weeks later, President VÃ¡clav Klaus said, "the victims of this camp were primarily connected to an epidemic of spotted typhus, not with what we traditionally conceive of as concentration camp victims."
- Chua Soi Lek in Malaysia Star
The IMR has done a lot of research on diseases like malaria, scrub typhus, filariasis and beri-beri and such a collaboration with the US can advance research and treatment in these and other tropical diseases,Dr Chua said.