- n a sharp vibrating sound (as of a plucked string)
- n exaggerated nasality in speech (as in some regional dialects)
- v cause to sound with a twang
He twanged the guitar string
- v sound with a twang
the bowstring was twanging
- v twitch or throb with pain
- v pluck (strings of an instrument)
He twanged his bow
- v pronounce with a nasal twang
- Twang! Twang! Twang! An unearthly noise resounded through the Japanese Imperial Palace in Tokyo.
- As he did, out came a resonant twang like the sound of a tight-skinned bongo drum.
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Moaning chorales, electric guitars, brass bands, the occasional twang of a Jew's Harp; Ennio Morricone, vastly expanded the movie composer's .
News & Articles
- Southern rock and traditional country spawn The Twang Bangers
Timed to twang in the tent outside Machiavelli’s in Bristol, Tenn., on June 14 and 15, Folk Soul Revival will headline a pair of shows that opens Friday night with This Mountain and The Whiskey Gentry
June 13, 2013 - Bristol Herald Courier
- Kenny Chesney keeps fans happy at the Linc
It's about time we call Kenny Chesney what he really is: a pop star in a cowboy hat. Sure, he's got some twang, and a song about a sexy tractor, but the most country thing about the 45-year-old Tennessean is that he appeals to such a massive swath of the population. Case in point: Saturday night's stop of Chesney's No Shoes Nation tour at Lincoln Financial Field was packed to the rafters with ...
June 11, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Photos: Tallest Man On Earth at Variety Playhouse
June 9, 2013 - Swedish, modern twang troubadour The Tallest Man On Earth (Kristian Matsson) made a stop at Variety Playhouse Sunday night. A sold-out crowd was charmed by Matsson who's currently out on a short tour supporting his latest release There's No Leaving Now .… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 10, 2013 - Creative Loafing Atlanta
- Larry King in Los Angeles Times
Asked what made Linkletter so appealing to audiences, King said, "He had an unusual voice, a twang to his voice that was immediately recognizable. And he looked like your favorite uncle."
- Himesh Reshammiya in Screen Weekly
Yes, the song 'Ek Haseena Thi' is the first song I have sung without any nasal twang. Since it was a Kishore Kumar song, I did not change its style,said Himesh.
- Nick Hodgson in Gigwise
Somewhat controversially, Hodgson believes that The Twang could be beacons for future music, adding: "Arctic Monkeys were the last of the best and we need something else now to get us out of it. Maybe it's The Twang."