- n a small island republic on the Tuvalu islands; formerly part of the British colony of Gilbert and Ellice Islands until it withdrew in 1975 and became independent of the United Kingdom in 1978
- n a group of coral islands in Micronesia to the southwest of Hawaii
News & Articles
- Pacific's Tuvalu wracked by constitutional crisis
The tiny Pacific nation of Tuvalu was caught in a constitutional crisis Friday after its prime minister and governor general tried to sack each other, sources in the capital Funafuti said.
Aug. 2, 2013 - Fox News
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn in BusinessWeek
With its size and remoteness, Tuvalu faces a unique set of economic challenges,IMF Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn said in the statement. "I am confident that fund membership will help Tuvalu strengthen its economic footing."
- Ian Campbell in NEWS.com.au
I've spoken to the head of the Australian Greenhouse Office this morning and he said ...... in terms of sea level rise and its impacts on Tuvalu, in particular, but the Pacific in general ...... the jury is really out,Senator Campbell said...
- Lester R. Brown in E-Wire (press release)
WASHINGTON, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, Aug. 23 -/E-Wire/-- WASHINGTON, DC - "Those of us who track the effects of global warming had assumed that the first large flow of climate refugees would likely be in the South Pacific with the abandonment of Tuvalu...