- n an oblong metal coupling with a swivel at one end and an internal thread at the other into which a threaded rod can be screwed in order to form a unit that can be adjusted for length or tension
- Joining the halves on the left, and spanning the spinal curvature, was a turnbuckle.
- Then his legs were put into splints with a turnbuckle between; this was tightened a few turns each day.
- The roll caused a turnbuckle to break on an upper shroud.
News & Articles
- Justin Gabriel Needs to Win More WWE Matches so We Can See More of His Finisher
Justin Gabriel's best asset is his spectacular finisher, but as he's currently one of WWE 's bottom-feeders, seeing him finish off an opponent with the 450 Splash is rare. Gabriel's trademark move begins with him standing on the top turnbuckle and then flipping forward for one-and-a-half rotations, spinning and cutting through the air like some human spacecraft. It's a move that helped Gabriel ...
June 20, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- What Happened After Tonight's WWE RAW In Grand Rapids, Michigan
- After Monday's RAW went off the air, John Cena defeated Ryback in a tables match to retain his WWE Title. A table was lying against the turnbuckle and eventually Cena reversed a hold, then used an Attitude Adjustment to drive Ryback through it.
June 18, 2013 - Lords of Pain
- 710ESPN Seattle audio: Off the turnbuckle
Those familiar with John Clayton's hilarious "SportsCenter" promo might appreciate another unlikely visual: Clayton jumping off a wrestling ring's turnbuckle to deliver a crushing blow against an opponent. We worked to make that happen, at least figuratively, during a 710ESPN Seattle conversation Monday with co-hosts Brock Huard and Danny O'Neil. Matt Williamson Ranks West (May 2013) Clayton and ...
June 17, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Mike Babcock in Globe and Mail
I'm a big believer in finishing your check, but I'm also a big believer in looking after each other,said Babcock. "When he doesn't see you and you decide to bury his head off the turnbuckle, that's a decision you make."
- Jack Johnson in National Post
Johnson said: "He's a great player for them and it's unfortunate. He hit the turnbuckle there. I don't want to hurt anyone out there. I was trying to play hard and pinch him off and get the puck and he ended up getting pushed right into the...
- Michael Grabner in Winnipeg Sun
I was a little mad and the guy had the puck, so I went to hit him,said Grabner. "I saw the turnbuckle coming and tried to hit him into it but he stopped and I couldn't stop in time. I saw it right in front of my face and I hit it pretty...