- n something given or done as an expression of esteem
- n payment by one nation for protection by another
- n payment extorted by gangsters on threat of violence
- The most appropriate tribute would be an hour and a half of silence.
- Frank Sinatra has received far too many tributes already.
- MTV'S TRIBUTE TO DI MTV's glitzy annual Video Music Awards turned into a tribute to Princess Diana at New York's Radio City Music Hall .
News & Articles
- A tribute to two Navy Seals who died in Benghazi
A TRIBUTE TO TWO NAVY SEALS WHO DIED IN BENGHAZI This is a tribute to Tyron Woods and Glen Doherty, former Navy Seals who gave their lives defending our nation.
June 12, 2013 - Bluffton Today
- 'Tribute for Heroes' finalists announced
Major League Baseball and PEOPLE magazine announced 90 finalists on Tuesday for the "Tribute for Heroes" campaign, a national initiative that recognizes veterans and military service members and builds upon both the commitment of MLB and the magazine to honoring heroes from the U.S.
June 12, 2013 - Tampa Bay Devil Rays
- Sculptures pay tribute to victim of train accident
Dylan Svihus built hundreds of rock sculptures as a tribute to his friend, Austin Van Leuven, who died May 28 near Howarth Park.
June 12, 2013 - Everett Herald
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
We are here today not simply to pay tribute to our first patriots but to take up the work that they began,Obama said.
- Barney Frank in United Press International
Frank called the exchange "a tribute to the First Amendment that this kind of vile, contemptible nonsense is so freely propagated."
- David Cameron in CTV.ca
Compared to a decade ago, this country is more open at home and more compassionate abroad and that is something we should all be grateful for,Cameron said. "And on behalf of the whole country, I would like to pay tribute to the outgoing...