- n the practice of adopting the clothes or the manner or the sexual role of the opposite sex
- The anomaly of transvestism consists in the desire for cross-dressing.
- Playing fast and loose with history, the author cloaks the Kelly gang in transvestism and opium smoking, and suggests the bushranger was driven by a dark Oedipal impulse.
- He wrote of transvestism, stalking, sexual blackmail, castration, impotence, masochism, necrophilia and an adulteress forced to eat her lover's corpse.
News & Articles
- The Boy With the Thorn in His Side: Morrissey Still Miserable in New Autobiography
At some point in the not-too-distant past, Arthur Kane and Steven Patrick Morrissey were sitting in Mel’s Drive-In on Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood. Mr. Kane is best known as the bass guitarist for the New York Dolls, 1970s pioneers of rock ’n’ roll transvestism who provided former Smiths front man Morrissey with a formative sexual experience: “Jerry Nolan on the front of the Dolls debut ...
Nov. 26, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Eddie Izzard in Jam! Showbiz
I don't think the transvestism relates to losing the women in our lives at a young age, you know, so therefore you try to dress like them - I don't really buy into that,Izzard says, adding he doesn't like the term "in drag" - he simply calls...