- n the act of passing from one state or place to the next
- n an event that results in a transformation
- n a change from one place or state or subject or stage to another
- n a musical passage moving from one key to another
- n a passage that connects a topic to one that follows
- v cause to convert or undergo a transition
the company had to transition the old practices to modern technology
- v make or undergo a transition (from one state or system to another)
The airline transitioned to more fuel-efficient jets
The adagio transitioned into an allegro
- The mostly error-free nature of the 75-day transition period between the November election and today's Inauguration was all the more remarkable because Barack Obama was elected at .
- It's not just ego that has a way of fouling up this transition both parties have one eye on the history books.
- The early planning backfired, however, as a power struggle emerged between campaign staffers and transition coordinators when it came time to choose cabinet members.
News & Articles
- Rocklin Seeks Input for ADA Transition Plan
The City of Rocklin is in the process of creating a Transition Plan which will be used as a guide for making improvements that will facilitate accessibility by removing physical impediments from
June 15, 2013 - Rocklin & Roseville Today
- La Crescent's Traxler enjoying transition to NWL
La Crosse, WISCONSIN (WXOW) The transition period is over for most of the Loggers now that they're more than two weeks into the season. But players are always evolving.
June 14, 2013 - WXOW 19 La Crosse
- Transition from state to private hospitals to take place Sept. 30
In a letter sent Wednesday to employees at LSU Medical Center in Shreveport and E.A. Conway in Monroe. Steven Skinvanos, chairman of the Biomedical Research Foundation that is taking over the two hospitals said the effective date of the transition will be Monday, Sept. 30, 2013 at midnight.
June 13, 2013 - KTAL Shreveport
- Daniel in Times of India
Certainly a major focus of the discussion will be around the progress that's been made so far in the proximity talks and the opportunity to make the transition into direct talks,said White House adviser Dan Shapiro. "We feel that already...
- Lloyd Robertson in Globe and Mail
There comes a time and this is it,he said. "I want to leave a suitable period for my successor to have a smooth and seamless transition. While I'll be hoisting anchor next year, I'll be continuing at CTV for some time."