- n (genetics) the process of transfering genetic material from one cell to another by a plasmid or bacteriophage
- n the process whereby a transducer accepts energy in one form and gives back related energy in a different form
the transduction of acoustic waves into voltages by a microphone
- Since then Ullrich has been on a quest to battle cancer by concentrating on signal transduction, a means of communication between cells in the human body.
- A native of New York City, he went from Columbia to graduate work at the University of Wisconsin, where he and Nobelist Joshua Lederberg co-discovered transductionthe process by .
- His work on this process, known as transduction, won him a Nobel Prize.