- n the friction between a body and the surface on which it moves (as between an automobile tire and the road)
- n (orthopedics) the act of pulling on a bone or limb (as in a fracture) to relieve pressure or align parts in a special way during healing
his leg was in traction for several days
- The ice bike has no plastic parts (which would freeze and shatter in the extreme conditions), and the superfat, low-pressure tires provide traction in situations that would make a .
- View the tag "cloud" to see which stories are gaining traction (the headline appears bigger).
- It was actually a five wheeler, with the dinky 2-hp Briggs and Stratton engine driving a traction wheel on the back, like a boat's outboard motor.
News & Articles
- From the West looking East: ‘Tents’ in need of revival
Three words for some thoughtful young Republicans concerned about the future of their party: Save your breath. Those worried that the GOP is losing traction with young voters know exactly who runs the party today: its most reactionary — meaning least conciliatory — faction in generations. So the College Republican National Committee could have saved precious ink and said “the heck with” rather ...
June 13, 2013 - The Sierra Vista Herald
- RMI Selects Tech PR Agency Write2Market to Share Its Industry Leadership Journey
The Southeast’s client acquisition leader whose clients include Carter’s / OshKosh B’gosh, Spanx and Service Master taps tech public relations firm Write2Market to help gain traction in 50+ marketing and more. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10817546.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Controversial Arts District Brewpub Approved
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES - A city zoning administrator has approved a controversial proposal from Downtown bar proprietor Cedd Moses to develop a brewpub on Traction Avenue in the Arts District, despite a
June 12, 2013 - Los Angeles Downtown News
- Barack Obama in AFP
Ralph Nader's trying to get attention. He's become a perennial political candidate,Obama said last week. "There's a better way to get some traction than to make an inflammatory statement like the one he made."
- Zeljko Ivanek in Chicago Tribune
I was just incredibly pleased for the show,Ivanek said backstage. "It's a little tougher for a cable show to get the same traction as a network show."
- Grant Barrett in Forbes
Are you tracking the term `toe-tapper?' That's gotten more traction than `wide stance' so far,Barrett said. "They both have too much cachet. They're political, social, new, slangy and a little naughty."