- n a path along a canal or river used by animals towing boats
- Without a boat to drag, the walk along the Qutang towpath only takes four hours.
- Many a cyclist in his heedless excitement pedaled over the towpath into the river.
- It was a leisurely existence, drifting along four miles an hour behind stout teams that trudged the towpath.
News & Articles
- On this date
June 11, 1983 Jim Thorpe teacher and cross country coach Bob Thomas finishes first overall in the Walnutport Towpath Trot. Thomas completes the 10-kilometer course in 32:42 to finish ahead of runner-up Matt Fritz of Schnecksville.
June 11, 2013 - Times News
- Trekking the Towpath: Back to nature with a bit of history
As I start out on my hike from St. Helena Heritage Park in downtown Canal Fulton along the Towpath Trail, the first sound I hear is “Low bridge ahead,” as the steersman yells out while Prince and Dan — the two behemoth Percheron draft horses — tow the line that keeps the St. Helena III canal boat moving toward its destination at Lock IV park.
June 10, 2013 - The Massillon Independent
- Two eagle pairs nesting in Metro Parks
SUMMIT COUNTY — Metro Parks, Serving Summit County biologists have confirmed two nesting pairs of bald eagles on park district property. One of the new nests is in Gorge Metro Park in Cuyahoga Falls and the second is in a conservation area in Clinton adjacent to the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail.
June 6, 2013 - West Side Leader & South Side News Leader