- n an administrative division of a county
- At Orlando township in the outskirts of Johannesburg, 20,000 Africans milled around the police station, led by Robert Mangaliso Sobukwe, 36, a Methodist-reared university .
- Some township residents have complained that white police authorities often remain on the outskirts, watching to make sure that the violence stays confined to the black community.
- An open-top bus lurches through the South African township of Khayelitsha, the opera Carmen blaring from its loudspeakers.
- Ehud Olmert in Africasia
This has been a very disturbing day because we had an attack from Lebanon on the Israeli township of Kiryat Shmona,Olmert told reporters before meeting United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon in New York.
- Alfred Phiri in Fifa.com
As Phiri said: "The people of Alex are really appreciative because this is an opportunity for them to tell their stories and market this township because you find out that people often focus on Soweto whenever they talk about South Africa. Now,...
- George Martin in Monessen Valley Independent
The recreation demands have increased immensely in this township,Martin said.