- n bandage that stops the flow of blood from an artery by applying pressure
- He still had his sock as his tourniquet.
- Now a Florida surgeon suggests that the currently fashionable technique, combining a tourniquet with crosswise incisions and sucking out the venom, may not be much better.
- He managed to shake off the snake and ran screaming to a neighbor, who applied a tourniquet that saved Morantz from almost certain death.
News & Articles
- Marathon bombing survivor takes 'first steps' toward normal life
It's been two months since Roseann Sdoia lost her right leg in the attack on the Boston Marathon and since a former stranger, Northeastern University student Shores Salter, used a belt as a tourniquet to save her life.
June 17, 2013 - WCVB Boston
- OHK Medical Devices & Mitsubishi Corp. to Launch HemaClear® in Japan
OHK Medical Devices Ltd., manufacturer of the HemaClear® single-use, sterile, exsanguinating tourniquet device, announced today that it has entered an exclusive agreement with Japan Medicalnext Co.,Ltd., a Mitsubishi Corporation company, to introduce HemaClear® to the Japanese market. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10821754.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- John McCain in Reuters
McCain, speaking in Colorado before the bill was approved, said it was "not a cure, it's a tourniquet. It will stop the bleeding but now we've got to reform the way we do business in Washington."
- Jeff Conine in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Right now, [Pavano] is our MVP,Conine said. "He's our man. He is our tourniquet."
- Norm Coleman in Bemidji Pioneer
You can't sit in the cheap seats, look down and say I'm going to make it better,Coleman said, describing the bailout package as "putting a tourniquet around an artery that's broken."