- n either of two masses of lymphatic tissue one on each side of the oral pharynx
- If you have a sore throat that is accompanied by a fever but not a cough, your lymph nodes are swollen and there are yellow or white patches on your tonsils or the back of your .
- Doctors are pretty well agreed that it is unwise to remove tonsils or adenoids while polio is rampant: within a month or two after such an operation, an invasion by the polio virus .
- Dutifully the five sons of the late Arthur Cromwell, New York farmer, filed into a Manhattan hospital last week and had their tonsils removed.
News & Articles
It has been a while since I have recovered from a surgery. The tonsil surgery went well yesterday, but naturally there is pain. In adults, recovery apparently takes longer. Even so, I felt so bad for the two babies in recovery who had their tonsils out as well. How horrible not to know what is happening to you. I am not supposed to lift heavy things or drive machinery or eat solids or anything ...
June 19, 2013 - Devils Lake Journal
- Rich Ingold in Citizens Voice
I gave it some time and it didn't go away,Ingold said. "The doctor told me I had a cancerous tumor in my tonsil. They are just going to go in and get all of this out. If you looked at me you can see the lump protruding through my neck."