- n a baroque musical composition (usually for a keyboard instrument) with full chords and rapid elaborate runs in a rhythmically free style
- From the automobile of Composer Roy Harris, 31, were stolen last week in Manhattan a new symphony and a toccata.
- Each of the scenes in the opera's four acts is organized according to a musical genre: chaconne, toccata, ricercaranother explicit resemblance to Wozzeck.
- Tucket most probably stems from the Italian toccata (meaning a touch), and in all likelihood originally signified a drum sound.
News & Articles
- TOCCATA sets summer music fest dates
TOCCATA — Tahoe Symphony Orchestra and Chorus — is celebrating its eighth anniversary with the summer music festival July 7-14. It includes the Mozart Coronation Mass, Saint Saen’s 2nd Piano Concerto, and Beethoven’s 8th Symphony. Guest artists Michael Angelucci, piano; Josue Casillas, flute; and Joy [...]
June 7, 2013 - Lake Tahoe News