- n the branch of physics concerned with the conversion of different forms of energy
- Once thermodynamics was codified, it was clear that Fludd and the hundreds who followed him had been doomed to failure before they began.
- These might be the key theorems in math, the laws of thermodynamics in science or the relationship between supply and demand in economics.
- No diet has ever been able to defy the laws of thermodynamics.
- Neil Armstrong in Indianapolis Star
I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer,Armstrong told the National Press Club in February 2000, "born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams,...
- Arthur Eddington in The REAL TRUTH
Sir Arthur Eddington stated, "The second law of thermodynamics holds, I think, the supreme position among the laws of Nature:If it [a theory] is found to be contradicted by an observation-well, these experimentalists do bungle things sometimes. But...
- Fidel Castro in Tampabay.com
The reversal of the order of events so that the second law of thermodynamics can continue to hold, would appear to be a very good way on Nature's part of avoiding singularities, while also guaranteeing that the universe can remain continuous and... Peter Lynds http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Lynds&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGxCEmvXLe1O64IsqDqypGHJJK1aw Newswise (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/534609/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFXvOFOFyHsK-MnLWbTTFbNIu87sQ Oct 31, 2007
99478 132050 thermoelectric Thermoelectric plants are prehistoric," Castro said in a TV broadcast, which had to be postponed a day due to a blackout.