- n restraint consisting of a rope (or light chain) used to restrain an animal
- v tie with a tether
- At the end of his tether during a space walk, the astronaut suddenly seems to be in trouble.
- Infinite Jest: David Foster Wallace's marathon send-up of humanism at the end of its tether is worth the effort.
- Two astronauts made the first untethered space walk in 10 years.
- Kevin Pietersen in Sportinglife.com
Pietersen said: "It's been a heck of a tough time and I'm at the end of my tether now."
- Thomas Jane in NBC 11.com
This film questions a lot of things -- the messages are subtle, but they're in there. It's a really question of personal morality -- what's right for society and what's right for yourself,Jane explained. "It examines how thin the tether...
- Steve Bruce in AFP
WIGAN, England (AFP) â€” Wigan manager Steve Bruce said Thursday he was at the "end of my tether" with Amr Zaki after the on-loan Egypt forward failed to return on time from international duty for the fourth time this season.